NOVA Community Crisis Response Team Training
National Organization for Victim Assistance (NOVA) is a national partner of I-CART. Both organizations actively assist victims and survivors of crime, tragedy, trauma and disaster. I-CART is excited to present the NOVA Community Crisis Response Team Training and welcome any individual who has an interest in assisting with potential crisis response situations in his/her community, as well as personal and professional life. To learn more about NOVA, visit www.tryNOVA.org. I-CART is a completely volunteer driven organization and our community services are free of charge. To learn more about I-CART and this training, visit www.i-cart.org.
The 24-hour intensive training will be led by Certified Crisis Response Trainers: Rev. Gerry Griffith and Kim Walton. Educational material will be shared in lecture and group discussion formats on the following topics:
- The Crisis Response
- The Trauma Response
- Crisis Intervention
- Critical Information on Death Notification, Death, Dying and Loss
- Age, Cultural & Spiritual Perspectives in regard to trauma
- Children and Elder’s Crisis Response
- Post Traumatic Response
- Serving as a member of a Crisis Response Team
Scholarship Opportunities will be announced, please e-mail email@example.com for an application.
Next Training Opportunity is being planned
- New Student: $175
- (Includes course materials, meals and NOVA certificate)
- Refresher (Students who have taken this course before and bring their own course materials): $75
- (Includes meals and I-CART certificate)
**CEUs for mental health professionals may be available for an extra $12 (24 CEUs)**
Registrations can be completed:
1) Online at www.I-CART.org, see link to registration form after once date determined.
2) E-mailing the registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Mail registration form to: I-CART, P.O. Box 501285, Indianapolis, IN 46250-6285
*Make checks payable to “I-CART” and mail to the organization’s P.O. Box. Do not mail cash!
**Payment must be submitted with registration form to become enrolled in the class.